Gay Indonesia
http://gayindonesia.net
Tempat utk berbagi dan berdiskusi, persahabatan, teman dan cinta gay Indonesia

Sekarang ini Min Sep 24, 2017 4:57 am

Waktu dalam UTC + 7 jam

Postkan topik baru Balas ke topik  [ 70 post ]  Pergi ke halaman Sebelumnya  1, 2, 3, 4  Berikutnya
Pengarang Pesan
PostDipost: Sen Apr 14, 2014 7:49 pm 
Super Model
Super Model

Bergabung: Sen Agt 29, 2011 1:37 am
Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 19 times
Kutipan:
Example? Hmmmmm make it in a friendly way is the best for me. When he said the wrong one to you, then you can correct him like but don't make it in a bossy way. And smiling at the end, I'm pretty sure it will make him learn his mistake but not embarrass or even annoy him. You can do that every time when he said the wrong one and see what will be his reaction at the end. If he wants to learn and improve himself, he will not be angry or feel annoyed trust me. But please, do consider the right timing and moment in doing such things. Hopefully this will help you enough ;)

thanks, I'll try that next time :)

Kutipan:
they might watch you with sinister eyes
coz.. maybe...they think that you are too arrogant to use indonesian language and you're showing that you're able to speak english...

i've have that situation too once..
but again... at that time.. my mood is way too bad to use indo...
and it ended with by big bro girlfriend asked him... "does your friend here cannot speak indonesian ? i cannot understand a word he said"
since i conversed with my big bro in english, although he answered me in indonesian...

so... just relax....
you're studying english.. and you try to improve yours
be a little shameless (in a proportional degree too) in using it daily

and in here.. there is a freedom of choice...
we are not forcing anyone to use perfect english...
yet.. try to be understandable in sentence building
*i've known some that is... making some confusing english sentence that is totally unclear what are they intend to say in their writing...
been there done that... and yeah... giving up on teaching them english... since they have no passion in learning it*

thx again for the comment :)
as for me, I don't think using English is inappropriate even someone around made that kind of eyes
it's just another language, and we're using another language, nothing to make an attention

Kutipan:
maybe you can counter his mistakes by saying..
*erm... do you mean 'put sentence/word' ?"
or
*erm.. wouldn't it be better to put it this way...."sentence/word"*

or just say that you're a lil bit confused with what he convey
and list the word after he finished talking

of course ended with a big smile and say "please don't feel offended"

i do believe what azzzar conveyed before that "If he wants to learn and improve himself, he will not be angry or feel annoyed"

I hope he won't and anyone would :)
learning needs time and it's okay to make mistakes

Kutipan:
this is really funny lol

For me personally, i think that people who try to show off their english are really terrible.. You're indonesian, so just speak indonesian. there is no need to show off your english skills. no matter how good looking you are, if people try to mix their indonesian and english language together, it would be a major turn off for me.

even when I speak with my friends, I always try to think of the indonesian term and try not to mix it up with english (although sometimes I happen to know the english term better than the indonesian huehehe)

i'd rather people showing off their education level or their humorous side rather than their language skills :mrgreen:

well yeah, the funniest thing is when I was in high school, my English grade is far way better than my Indonesian
but, does it make me less Indonesian? Big NO

Kutipan:
Kind of the opposite of me, i like to speak english when talking to my friends.
They have no objection because this way they can also learn english while i practice my pronunciation. Sometimes they also can correct my mistakes, so some of it is like a teaching-learing progress :)
Not at all times, though. Just for some terms which are shorter in english or makes more sense to me :D

it happens to me too, when I have conversation with some friends whom I know they can speak well

Kutipan:
I think there's a big differences between "try to practice" and "showing off". You might just know better, what this guy is trying to do.

I met someone, too, and once he learns that I can speak English, he asked me to be his partner (for speaking English). We did it almost every night by telephone conversation, and just talk about almost everything. Now that's what I call "try to practice". Honestly, someone who's showing off is also a real turn-off.

well actually, how can u know if he's practising or showing off when he did not tell me at the first place? :D

Kutipan:
couldn't disagree for more. Sand, you said that he already knew your background. if i were him, i won't miss my oportunity to practice my english with you. indeed.

aha, I did not think of this :D

Atas

PostDipost: Sel Apr 15, 2014 12:15 am 
Super Star
Super Star

Bergabung: Min Sep 09, 2012 1:29 am
Been Liked: 2 times
wow.. it's been so long isnce i've been here and there's an English Speaking room. this is so awesome!

but to make my post not toally OOT i would like to add to the whole "bad english" theme, it is pretty common i think to have this kind of experience here. but really tho, some people are just waay too "blind" to see that their english are not really the language i (or even martians) wanna hear in a conversation. it is really hard for me sometimes to tell them and to be all grammar nazi cuz that's might came off condescending, tho sometimes i do it to my close friends in the order to make them better (not that I'm capable of teaching tho).

the WORST stuation is when the one we're talking to doesn't understand sarcasm and literally asked "what? why did you say that" super #awkward. haha..

anyway, just sharing my experiences hope it won't offend anyone. XX

Atas

PostDipost: Kam Apr 17, 2014 11:18 pm 
Super Star
Super Star

Bergabung: Sab Nov 24, 2012 9:52 pm
Been Liked: 1 time
I think that it's okay if someone tries to communicate in a foreign language to improve their oral skills. My Bahasa Indonesia is not that good in terms of pronunciation, and there will be those awkward moments when I use an inappropriate word to describe something. For example, I still have problems differentiating between "datang" and "tiba." I also have a weird way of pronouncing the word "celana." Hahaha...

My formal education in Bahasa Indonesia stopped at primary 4. I have been learning Bahasa Indonesia through reading and having conversations with my friends. I am honestly glad that they have been correcting my mistakes and/or adding to my vocabulary.

Having said that, not everyone is open to being corrected. Some people will be offended. I have stopped myself from correcting people that I'm not close to and/or people who are way too hyper-sensitive, no matter how well I may know them. LOL!

Atas

PostDipost: Kam Apr 17, 2014 11:34 pm 
Super Star
Super Star

Bergabung: Sel Sep 17, 2013 8:04 pm
Deskripsi diri: To infinity and beyond
in my opinion, everybody is entitled to be proud of their english
as long as they are okay to be corrected..
If i were you, I wouldn't be too butthurt about that
in the end it's about how you both understand each other
grammar is just the outer shell, the core is more interesting

Atas

PostDipost: Jum Apr 18, 2014 12:46 am 
new

Bergabung: Kam Apr 17, 2014 11:41 pm
Been Liked: 0 time
wow this is a perfect thread to kick off my debut in this forum lol. interesting one.
hello everyone!
my english also sucks, but it doesn't stop me to keep talking with this shitty language haha (shitty in a good way). and when i hear someone who speaks horrible english, i'll just smile! because the most important thing is: they speak with confidence. it doesn't matter how goood your english is, but if u dont have any courage to use it, such a waste! :]

Atas

PostDipost: Sab Apr 19, 2014 1:17 am 
Virgin & Newbie
Virgin & Newbie

Bergabung: Sab Apr 19, 2014 12:53 am
Deskripsi diri: I am asian interested in all colour. I am not a hater but please hate yourself being a jerk
GOD!! You really have to correct people for that, not only helping them but also you can make him shy, unless thick headed of course. But I also quite mad when people do this.

We're not native so it is ok with a few mistakes, but when people insisted they are better in English than some people, the crumbling catch down.

Atas

PostDipost: Sel Apr 22, 2014 11:13 pm 
Super Star
Super Star

Bergabung: Sen Mar 03, 2014 12:21 am
Well, at least he tried his best to spoke english fluently.
probably, his brain is still converting in two-ways, which is not good for translating languages, as the meaning per languages will be converted differently.

Atas

PostDipost: Rab Apr 30, 2014 10:02 am 
Super Model
Super Model

it's been like more than two weeks and we seldom chat anymore
I think he might get a hidden message from me

oh suddenly I feel bad for him :(

Atas

PostDipost: Rab Apr 30, 2014 7:08 pm 
Super Model
Super Model

Bergabung: Min Jul 17, 2011 12:09 pm
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 7 times
Befriends him again :)

Atas

PostDipost: Min Mei 04, 2014 10:25 pm 
Super Star
Super Star

Bergabung: Sab Sep 17, 2011 5:15 pm
Lokasi: Jakarta
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 3 times
Deskripsi diri: Hello there
I correct whatever grammatical error he/she commits, even if it means I have to be a complete asshole to do that :dontwanna:

Sorry, Grammar Nazi here :tertawa:

못 한다고 못 한다고 고집만 부리네

Learn Korean here! http://k-troopers.blogspot.com

Atas

PostDipost: Sen Mei 05, 2014 10:16 pm 
Executive Minister of City and Area
<b>Executive Minister of City and Area</b>

Bergabung: Sab Jul 16, 2011 10:53 pm
Been Liked: 8 times
2nd the opinion, will fix anything he/she did wrong
It tickles my ears when people are trying to impress you with fainglish (failing english)

Atas

PostDipost: Kam Mei 08, 2014 8:15 pm 
Super Star
Super Star

Bergabung: Jum Des 23, 2011 10:27 am
Has Liked: 5 times
i think it's okay if someone made a mistake in either speaking, reading, or even writing in english, after all we need to learn from mistake, if there's a mistake, tell them, help them to understand.
probably i also have a lot of mistake in this post, if i do, please let me know :D
cheers!!....

Atas

PostDipost: Kam Mei 08, 2014 9:34 pm 
Star
Star

Bergabung: Sen Apr 21, 2014 4:09 pm
Lokasi: Jakarta Timur
Has Liked: 3 times
Deskripsi diri: iam who iam
he was just trying to impress you.... though it went bad.
you should've just told him your impression about his english, without making him offended.
that way, you'll get your chemistry back.

however, if he insists of using english, tell him you don't really understand him
keep doing so, he'll quit.

Atas

PostDipost: Min Jun 01, 2014 10:11 pm 
Star
Star

Bergabung: Rab Feb 19, 2014 1:43 pm
Has Liked: 1 time
Hi guys, greetings from Sydney. I'm new here :D

anw an interesting topic.
A similar thing happened to me back then.
I think there's a fine line between trying to impress ppl and showing off.
usually ppl who show off they know they are real good.
Since you said he barely speaks English, I think he is most likely trying to impress you.

But I know that feeling lol, you're somehow "disgusted" with his English.
If he is cute and kind and committed, just tell him to be quite and you should be friends again :DDDD

Atas

PostDipost: Min Jun 01, 2014 10:15 pm 
Super Model
Super Model

haha :)
well he's a nice guy but I don't feel the chemistry (anymore) even just being a friend

My bad, but it happens everyday

Atas

PostDipost: Kam Jun 05, 2014 2:17 pm 
Star
Star

Bergabung: Kam Des 22, 2011 1:25 am
if i were you...i'm gonna say...
you know what ?i'm stupid in english...
so just shut f*cking ur mouth up...you annoyed me...you know that
i'm curious what else he gonna do.....hahahahaha

no...i was joking hahaha^^

i think our friend was right...u should know the people who which want to learn or show off
example"my sister is worst in english even speaking and writing...but she has most confident between us(sisters and brothers).. she has no shame even she is the worst...because when there's the REAL white men or women pop up in front of her...the first who try to come to talk to them it was her...no matter how bad she is in english she's still wanna try even they may not understand what she is talking about ,she's still gonna try...BUT when she met people who really can speak indonesian...she will never used english to use...because she know how bad she is ...now u know the differences...that's why i can say that ur friend it just showing off...
there's something that you should do...you keep use that english if u want to help him(u can correct him if he was wrong)...or you should stop talking if u don't want to help him...see what expressions he gonna show...is he angry because too many word you correct him ?or he happy or more exciting because he get something learn...if angry stop talk to him...if happy keep talk to him

Atas

PostDipost: Min Jun 08, 2014 10:57 am 
Vice Prime Minister
<b>Vice Prime Minister</b>

Bergabung: Min Jul 17, 2011 2:05 pm
Has Liked: 22 times
Been Liked: 38 times
I don't think someone should speak english for show-off purpose, especially with horrible english. since it will be ridiculous.
However, I still appreciate someone who speaks horrible english because the situation urges him/her to speak in english though he/she is not good in english.

Gambar

Atas

PostDipost: Sel Jun 10, 2014 10:32 pm 
Super Model
Super Model

gusdar menulis:
I don't think someone should speak english for show-off purpose, especially with horrible english. since it will be ridiculous.
However, I still appreciate someone who speaks horrible english because the situation urges him/her to speak in english though he/she is not good in english.

by this, I hope it is different on how someone speaks horrible english because he/she wants to learn english, or it's just because english is the only communication between them

Atas

Tampilkan post-post sebelumnya:  Urutkan sesuai  
Postkan topik baru Balas ke topik  [ 70 post ]  Pergi ke halaman Sebelumnya  1, 2, 3, 4  Berikutnya

Waktu dalam UTC + 7 jam

Topik2 lain yg mirip di Gay Indonesia.net:
 Topik2   Pengarang   Balasan   Dilihat   Post terakhir 
Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. how to learn english

shiya

Min Agt 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Velonita.Chen Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. ENGLISH IS CRAZY

shiya

Sen Agt 24, 2015 7:16 pm

shiya Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. english accents?

[ Pergi ke halamanPergi ke halaman: 1, 2 ]

koinz

Rab Des 14, 2016 11:36 pm

Manuk Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. [Share] How do you learn English?

[ Pergi ke halamanPergi ke halaman: 1 ... 5, 6, 7 ]

Nvm

Rab Sep 09, 2015 1:06 am

newbalance8 Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. CORE KEY TO LEARN ENGLISH

absrdude

Jum Jun 24, 2016 7:39 pm

kumisgajah Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. Share Your Feelings (English Version)

[ Pergi ke halamanPergi ke halaman: 1 ... 35, 36, 37 ]

Ambar

Sen Sep 11, 2017 5:20 am

Endymonz Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Siapa yang online

user yang berada di forum ini: Tidak ada user yang terdaftar dan 2 tamu

gay When someone speaks horrible english... Indonesia
gay Share Your Feelings (English Version) Indonesia
Anda tidak dapat membuat topik baru di forum ini
Anda tidak dapat membalas topik di forum ini
Anda tidak dapat mengubah post anda di forum ini
Anda tidak dapat menghapus post anda di forum ini

Lompat ke:  

Gay Indonesia Forum is powered by phpBB® 2012 phpBB Group, Zend Guard V.5.5.0, and phpBB SEO