Postkan topik baru Balas ke topik  [ 3 post ] 
Pengarang Pesan
PostDipost: Min Jun 26, 2016 6:42 pm 
new

Bergabung: Min Jun 26, 2016 5:45 pm
Lokasi: Jakarta
Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time
Deskripsi diri: A discrete cis-male [pansexual] with his virtues and idiocies who believe that labels are for clothes Always be kind to one another
Hello everyone,

My name is Scar (a pseudo-name btw)

This is my first time joining this forum and I would like to observe how this online media is being utilized for the gay community in Indonesia despite the country's difficult approach upon the said social issue.

As the subject implies, I would like to know your opinions on the event of Orlando. This mass shooting broke the hearts of many as it also happened during the Pride month in June. How do you perceive such issues and what do you think of the shooter and all of the controversies revolving around him?

Gambar
source: thenypost.files.wordpress.com

If you would like more information on the case (if you did not read the news or lived in a cave, lol jk) I will be more than happy to provide for you as this discussion goes.

Your feedback will be very significant to reflect the thoughts of the gay community in Indonesia.
Thank you very much :)

Sincerely,

S.Y. :P

Atas

PostDipost: Rab Jun 29, 2016 9:42 pm 
Virgin & Newbie
Virgin & Newbie

Bergabung: Sab Feb 20, 2016 10:23 pm
Been Liked: 2 times
Deskripsi diri: A complex chinese teenager that is trying to learn about life - Feel free to drop me a message
This news actually piqued many attention towards it (for LGBT community mainly). From my point of view, I can understand why the shooter would do that. He had been surrounded by anger and the madness drove him crazy. All because of the HIV thing, but still, that's not quite logical and reasonable to do stupid massacre on the gay club where you met that guy. I mean, seriously? That's the risk that he had to consider when he agreed on having s3x with someone, especially when you met him on a night club. Not to blame it on others.
This case, I think, could be reduced by trying to educate people more about s3x education and LGBT itself. It's promptly important to teach people about having safe s3x (I know in that case the condom broke, but still.), while educating people more about LGBT and knowing that it is NOT harmful for the society (that is if we could erase the stereotype) would make LGBT people themselves gain more freedom. It could make it easier for them to find other LGBT people, to hook up with someone. Not just randomly picking up strangers on a night club and risking all things that he has.

Well, that's merely a shallow thinking of mine regarding this case. It's truly sad to have that many innocent people murdered, not knowing what they did wrong. Let's just hope that it won't happen again in the near future (or forever) and wish the best for us LGBT people. May the families that have been left behind are strong enough to fight through this.

Atas

PostDipost: Sel Des 13, 2016 4:02 pm 
Virgin & Newbie
Virgin & Newbie

Bergabung: Sen Nov 21, 2016 8:05 am
Lokasi: Surabaya, Indonesia
Been Liked: 0 time
Deskripsi diri: Scroll along...
I've actually debated this with my friend. Mainly about whether or not omar mateen (the shooter) purposely chose a gay nightclub as his target. As far as I knew at that time, his only motive was to attack USA because of their role against the so-called Islamic State. So his target was likely americans in general, not gays. However after we debated, me and my friend concluded that it cant be a coincidence, and omar choosing a gay nightclub as his target was indeed intentional. My friend also said that published interviews with omar's family showed that omar was homophobic, so I guess that was evidence enough.

What's sad though, is that one of my friend actually supported omar's actions, saying that the same kind of shooting should happen in indo too (i know, what an asshole). But at least this shooting raised more awareness and sympathy towards gay people (and latinos, considering most victims were latinos). Besides that, people started to realise how easy it is for the so-called Islamic State to recruit people from around the world and ordering them to shoot civilians. Hopefully no more accidents like that happen again, not just for gay people, but for every innocent civilian.

Atas

Tampilkan post-post sebelumnya:  Urutkan sesuai  
Postkan topik baru Balas ke topik  [ 3 post ] 

Waktu dalam UTC + 7 jam

Topik2 lain yg mirip di Gay Indonesia.net:
 Topik2   Pengarang   Balasan   Dilihat   Post terakhir 
Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. Nice guys or Bad boys?

[ Pergi ke halamanPergi ke halaman: 1, 2, 3 ]

bliss

Sel Feb 24, 2015 10:16 am

errybiz Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Siapa yang online

user yang berada di forum ini: Tidak ada user yang terdaftar dan 1 tamu

gay What do you guys think about Orlando? Indonesia
gay Nice guys or Bad boys? Indonesia
Anda tidak dapat membuat topik baru di forum ini
Anda tidak dapat membalas topik di forum ini
Anda tidak dapat mengubah post anda di forum ini
Anda tidak dapat menghapus post anda di forum ini

Lompat ke:  

Gay Indonesia Forum is powered by phpBB® 2012 phpBB Group, Zend Guard V.5.5.0, and phpBB SEO