Gay Indonesia
http://gayindonesia.net
Tempat utk berbagi dan berdiskusi, persahabatan, teman dan cinta gay Indonesia

Sekarang ini Rab Apr 26, 2017 7:15 am

Waktu dalam UTC + 7 jam

Postkan topik baru Balas ke topik  [ 111 post ]  Pergi ke halaman Sebelumnya  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Berikutnya
Pengarang Pesan
PostDipost: Kam Mar 27, 2014 10:48 pm 
Super Star
Super Star

Bergabung: Sen Des 31, 2012 11:51 am
Lokasi: jkt
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 0 time
Deskripsi diri: wanna give you a bitch-slap
dear gays,
I dare to say this sentence out loud
"a big black bug bit a big black dog in its big black nose"
you have to say it fast
let see if your tongue twisted..
tell us if you can say it in one shot

hahaha
english can be fun

Diubah terakhir kali oleh Longgur on Kam Mar 27, 2014 10:50 pm, total pengubahan 1 kali.

Atas

PostDipost: Kam Mar 27, 2014 10:49 pm 
Minister of Gath and Jabodetabek
<b>Minister of Gath and Jabodetabek</b>

Bergabung: Min Jul 17, 2011 12:56 pm
Lokasi: heavenly hell
Has Liked: 10 times
Been Liked: 61 times
As you can see, many people out there read every article in English, watching movies without reading the translation, or listening to the music without searching the lyric on youtube or by browsing..

And there is so many way to Rome, and also it has many way to improve ourselves English Skill

For me, i prefer practicing English by conversation.

And how about you guys! :mrgreen:

Atas

PostDipost: Jum Mar 28, 2014 12:25 am 
Minister of Room Corner and Inspiration
<b>Minister of Room Corner and Inspiration</b>

Bergabung: Rab Jul 20, 2011 8:40 am
Lokasi: Bandung-Jakarta
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 35 times
For vocabulary, it's best to learn it by lots and lots of reading.. especially reading articles online such as jakarta post, jakarta globe, and also news from abroad like new york times, huffington post.. you can not only improve your vocabulary, but knowledge as well.

For grammar, listening, and speaking, I think watching youtube would do :)
If the purpose is to improve your basic communication, watch some daily vlogs of people, they usually talk about lots of stuff in english, so the more you listen, the more you'll get used to them.
However note that daily vlogs use only very basic english, including slang words.
If it's to improve a more complex level of listening and speaking, watch the news such as CNN, RT news, CNA, and other news channel. I don't think that not all Americans would understand the news because it requires knowledge of proper english as well..

so if you go abroad, and claim that you understand english very well while watching popular tv shows such as ellen degeneres or jersey shore, i can say you're still dumb as hell because they are using very basic english.. and that is still nothing to be proud of..

For me personally, it's harder to learn new vocabularies than the grammar and pronunciation. Speaking simple english should be easy for me, unless it involves twisted vocabularies which make me have to think twice before speaking :/
I'm hoping to learn tricks of learning and memorizing vocabularies though.. somebody help huhu

Atas

PostDipost: Jum Mar 28, 2014 12:54 am 
Minister of Room Corner and Inspiration
<b>Minister of Room Corner and Inspiration</b>

Bergabung: Rab Jul 20, 2011 8:40 am
Lokasi: Bandung-Jakarta
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 35 times
listening to music also helps, but it should be a more specific genre of music. Music with a lot of words may do.

I suggest listening to country, because country music usually tells a story. And country singers are usually story tellers, so their pronunciation, diction, and pitch should be perfect. :D

Atas

PostDipost: Jum Mar 28, 2014 7:17 am 
Super Model
Super Model

Bergabung: Min Jul 17, 2011 12:09 pm
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 7 times
Longgur menulis:
dear gays,
you have to say it fast

hahaha
english can be fun

I can't -_- I'm only a passive user

Diubah terakhir kali oleh safire on Jum Mar 28, 2014 7:23 am, total pengubahan 1 kali.

Atas

PostDipost: Jum Mar 28, 2014 7:22 am 
Super Model
Super Model

clara.ceacilia menulis:
As you can see, many people out there read every article in English, watching movies without reading the translation, or listening to the music without searching the lyric on youtube or by browsing..

And there is so many way to Rome, and also it has many way to improve ourselves English Skill

For me, i prefer practicing English by conversation.

And how about you guys! :mrgreen:

I'm not good on listening, I can barely hear what the DJs say in the radio. But I prefer to use english subtitle instead of indonesian, and sometimes I try to hear what the movies had said.

Atas

PostDipost: Sen Mar 31, 2014 12:12 am 
Super Star
Super Star

Bergabung: Min Sep 11, 2011 11:22 pm
Lokasi: BSD City, Tangerang Selatan, Indonesia.
Has Liked: 0 time
Deskripsi diri: Owned by someone
How do I learn English?

By reading, listening, and speaking. Haha :p

well, I might as well tell my little history like some of you guys did here... first when I was in grade 4 I had an English subject. Since then it somehow became my passion (I dunno why lol).
Then, when I was in grade 7 I took an English course at ILP for about 4 years. After that I continued my English course at Wall Street Institute to improve my speaking confidence. That took about 2 or 3 years. That's such a long time I spent on studying English huh? Lol
Well.. I must say those extra courses did help me a lot at school especially during the English class.
But it wasn't enough. Being good at writing in English does not necessarily make a person good at speaking it. Even studying at Wall Street Institute did not make a significant difference for me from studying in other English schools. I felt like a loser after those many years of studying English but still wasn't fluent enough to speak it out loud.

But thankfully, now I've been studying in a place where the lectures are taught in English so here I am pushed to speak English for presentations, write in English for essays, and listen to English in every lecture. Now, my speaking has improved quite much (I hope so. Lol).

To me, being able to speak English confidently is the most important thing in learning English. :)

Atas

PostDipost: Jum Apr 04, 2014 10:29 pm 
Super Star
Super Star

Bergabung: Sab Okt 29, 2011 3:09 am
Been Liked: 1 time
my english was awful when I got the first English class back on 4th grade. I got terrible score until 6th grade. After I played RPG,my score got better and better. Basically by playing RPG,it helped me to improve my vocabulary. Everytime I didn't know about any words,I opened my dictionary. My grammar still terrible until my early 20's,after I enrolled into EF,that's where I fixed my grammar. Listening to western music and my obsession with Hollywood movies and tv series also helped tremendously. :cool:

Atas

PostDipost: Sab Apr 05, 2014 10:41 am 
Super Star
Super Star

Bergabung: Jum Apr 04, 2014 2:33 pm
Lokasi: Solo
Deskripsi diri: Bruh dont hate me coz Im evil
Duduuunnn

I learned my English primarily through the same media as mostly anyone here(probably), which is through school and games. Though in middle school our family applied for cable TV and I ended up watching hella lots of English Cartoons in Cartoon Network and Disney Channel. (I can still remember how much English I absorbed from Kim Possible)
I did have some help however. My mom used to be (and now is back to be) an English tuition teacher. Aside from her tutoring me from time to time back in my school days, her language-learning-inclined genetics passed down to me too. So I can pretty much assume that I'm pretty good at picking up new languages.
All those are reinforced further when the internet became popular, and I joined a few very active English-only forums. I even got into writing, and I can confidently say that my written works in English are far superior compared to those ones written in Indonesian. (esp after I pretty much abandoned Indonesian language when I was abroad hAHAH)

If I were to suggest some tips for learning English, I'd say the best way is to learn from native or fluent speakers. Pressure yourself not to be able to access your comfort zone. Force yourself only to talk English, only to read English, to write English. Your brain will give soon enough, probably, and you'll start picking up the language like a toddler (hypothesis only, not tested 9u9)

On a side note I'm willing to be your resident Grammar Nazi :pecut:

Atas

PostDipost: Sel Apr 08, 2014 6:28 pm 
Virgin & Newbie
Virgin & Newbie

Bergabung: Sel Apr 08, 2014 5:27 pm
Deskripsi diri: Simply Irresistible
safire menulis:
Longgur menulis:
dear gays,
you have to say it fast

hahaha
english can be fun

I can't -_- I'm only a passive user

I have another one:
Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled pepper.
A pack of pickled pepper Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled pepper,
where's the pack of pickled pepper Peter Piper pick?

Atas

PostDipost: Sel Apr 08, 2014 6:32 pm 
Virgin & Newbie
Virgin & Newbie

Bergabung: Sel Apr 08, 2014 5:27 pm
Deskripsi diri: Simply Irresistible
Btw, I learned English a lot (and got really interested in English) when I played [color=#80FF40]Harvest Moon[/color] on PSX, and gosh, that was like 15 years ago. I still love that game. :fallinlove:

Atas

PostDipost: Rab Apr 09, 2014 12:19 pm 
Super Model
Super Model

:tertawa: I prefer Peter Parker than those pickled Peter Piper

Atas

PostDipost: Sab Apr 12, 2014 11:23 pm 
Super Star
Super Star

Bergabung: Sel Okt 02, 2012 12:51 am
Been Liked: 2 times
The Economist, Tony Blair, Betty Scrampher Azar !!!

Atas

PostDipost: Sab Apr 19, 2014 1:05 am 
Virgin & Newbie
Virgin & Newbie

Bergabung: Sab Apr 19, 2014 12:53 am
Deskripsi diri: I am asian interested in all colour. I am not a hater but please hate yourself being a jerk
Maybe almost everyone struggled before in English. Me, myself got so many uncountable worst marks in English when I was in highschool. Girls, learning English and languages are easy. Love it and you will learn it fast. I myself started to learn understanding music and movies. It was hard for the first attempt, but just hear and not trying to understand really helps. It gives you the language and how it is used. Unconsciously your brain understand. Then after that I read some english books and I collect a lot of english series, mostly fantasy, I improved my vocab and my grammar (even I do still have a lot of mistakes) but it is a learning process. I took some courses but didn't help that much.

Atas

PostDipost: Sen Apr 28, 2014 9:44 pm 
Virgin & Newbie
Virgin & Newbie

Bergabung: Sen Apr 28, 2014 9:05 pm
Been Liked: 1 time
Deskripsi diri: Sedang mencari jati diri.
Hi all, I'm a new member here hehe.

I really love language esp. English. I first started learning English when I was in elementary school I guess. I took some courses from 1st Grade up till 12th Grade.

I also love to listen to music or watch movie without any subtitles as it's kind of force your brain to understand what are the words. Of course it will be hard at first, but you will get the hang of it. Harry Potter series, or Grey's Anatomy are some examples of good English with one stand as British English and the other is American.

From there, I also force myself to speak like them. I started to mimic their accent. It was hard though, but now the fruits can be harvested. I've been recognized as one of the best English Speakers (in British-American Accent) in my college. Although, I do need to learn more about grammar, anyone here would love to teach me? hehe

I also took TOEFL Preparation Class, and did both PBT and IBT TOEFL test, the results were not disappointing.

You have to love what you want to learn, then it will become your daily activities. Don't think learning English as a big burden.

Sorry for any misspelling or grammatical error or unnecessary words hehhee.

Atas

PostDipost: Min Mei 04, 2014 10:39 am 
Super Star
Super Star

Bergabung: Sab Jan 07, 2012 12:34 am
Has Liked: 1 time
Deskripsi diri: 170cm - 54kg - Chinese - Malayan - Dayaknese - Suka sama cowo yang usia 20an..
Well actually, my mom and my dad are english speakers. :kacamataitem:

Atas

PostDipost: Min Mei 04, 2014 3:19 pm 
Super Model
Super Model

Bergabung: Rab Agt 10, 2011 6:02 am
Been Liked: 2 times
MrWorldwide menulis:
Well actually, my mom and my dad are english speakers. :kacamataitem:

envy... :D

---

well, I learn from movies and tv series, since I don't have either TV or subscribed tv network, I use the internet :D

Atas

PostDipost: Sel Mei 06, 2014 6:42 pm 
Virgin & Newbie
Virgin & Newbie

Bergabung: Sel Mei 06, 2014 5:44 pm
I learn by going to courses at first, until 6th grade... and then it's just with books, games, and the internet. I love classical English literature (mainly from the Victorian period) and sometimes got complaints from obscure references and out of fashion vocabulary ('playing charades' anyone?)

Kutipan:
what kind of reading? I found that Bram Stoker's or Alexandre Dumas' help a lot on reading English journal :>

I read Alexandre Dumas as well! :D

Atas

Tampilkan post-post sebelumnya:  Urutkan sesuai  
Postkan topik baru Balas ke topik  [ 111 post ]  Pergi ke halaman Sebelumnya  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Berikutnya

Waktu dalam UTC + 7 jam

Topik2 lain yg mirip di Gay Indonesia.net:
 Topik2   Pengarang   Balasan   Dilihat   Post terakhir 
Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. how to learn english

shiya

Min Agt 28, 2016 9:24 pm

Velonita.Chen Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. CORE KEY TO LEARN ENGLISH

absrdude

Jum Jun 24, 2016 7:39 pm

kumisgajah Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. Share Your Feelings (English Version)

[ Pergi ke halamanPergi ke halaman: 1 ... 32, 33, 34 ]

Ambar

Sab Apr 22, 2017 12:34 pm

nameless07 Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. I learn , you learn ^0^

Rio Kagami

Rab Jan 04, 2017 8:58 am

lakiluck Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. ENGLISH IS CRAZY

shiya

Sen Agt 24, 2015 7:16 pm

shiya Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. english accents?

[ Pergi ke halamanPergi ke halaman: 1, 2 ]

koinz

Rab Des 14, 2016 11:36 pm

Manuk Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. When someone speaks horrible english...

[ Pergi ke halamanPergi ke halaman: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]

Sandwriting

Sen Sep 07, 2015 3:23 pm

rrrah Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Tidak ada post yang belum dibaca untuk topik ini. Hello: [share] word 'STAY' in daily conversation

[ Pergi ke halamanPergi ke halaman: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]

farros

Sab Mei 03, 2014 1:53 pm

farros Lihat posting terbaru - Gay Indonesia Forum

Siapa yang online

user yang berada di forum ini: Tidak ada user yang terdaftar dan 1 tamu

gay [Share] How do you learn English? Indonesia
gay Hello: [share] word 'STAY' in daily conversation Indonesia
Anda tidak dapat membuat topik baru di forum ini
Anda tidak dapat membalas topik di forum ini
Anda tidak dapat mengubah post anda di forum ini
Anda tidak dapat menghapus post anda di forum ini

Lompat ke:  

Gay Indonesia Forum is powered by phpBB® 2012 phpBB Group, Zend Guard V.5.5.0, and phpBB SEO